Java Application Engineer
Job Reference: JAEN/31110
Salary: £340 - 430 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 31-10-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Hilversum, Netherlands, Noord-Brabant
Java Application Engineer required for a global client in Hilversum, Netherlands.
You will be working for one of the Biggest brands on the planet on an initial 6 month contract basis
To be considered, you’ll bring the following:
– Diverse experience utilizing a wide array Java tools in business, Web, and client-server environments including Java Platform, Cloud computing platforms like AWS.
– Expertise and Strong understanding in building Simple/Intuitive APIs for a very large developer community within the business
– Fluent understanding of Java and ability to write clean, eloquent, minimal code in a load-balanced environment to achieve value added business outcomes.
– Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, Classic design patterns and J2EE patterns.
– Comfortable designing and developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape on open source frameworks
– Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment. Strong preference for SCRUM/XP development expertise.
– Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
– Successful track record collaborating with product owners, product managers and business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes.
– Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews.
– Commitment to collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
– Experience with IntelliJ Junit, REST Web Services, No SQL and SQL is preferred
– 5 years of professional experience in IT or business in software (preferably Backend Services and API ) development
– 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
– Strong design and development experience with Java EE, JSON, Cloud Computing.
– Strong knowledge of AWS services like API Gateway, Kinesis Streams, Lambda, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, S3, EC2 and IAM (User, Roles and Policies)
– 2 significant years of experience in RESTful web services development
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation