Job Reference: 15200
Salary: £45k - 80k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 08-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Canary Wharf, England, Greater London
My client is a leading Brokerage Service company based in Canary Wharf – Due to expansion and growth within the business they are looking to bring into their first class team a number of talented Java Developers. The main area of responsibility covers post trade settlements across multiple businesses and asset classes. Specifically, the team develops, maintains and supports multiple data messaging and workflow systems. The team is based in London, and develops solutions for the global business – You will be highly motivated and work well within small / medium size teams, you will have strong attention to detail and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Primary tasks / responsibilities:
* As a senior level developer, you will act within the Integration team to produce solution designs, proof of concept/prototype applications, research and evaluate third party development tools etc, which can be used to implement a strategic/unified vision, supportable across all parts of the Firm.
* You will undertake refactoring and extend existing legacy applications from a ‘continuous improvement’ perspective.
* You will be required to provide hands on support – 24×7 coverage of the business we support demands that all team members have support as well as development knowledge.
Technical Skill / Experience required:
* Core Java programming
* Linux and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
* General knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
* Understanding and experience utilizing software patterns for best practices in development
* Experienced with source control usage (CVS, perforce, Visual SourceSafe, MKS, SCCS, etc )
* Sybase RDBMS Platform (12.5.x and higher)
* Extensive stored procedure and query writing, as well as DDL and DML object creation
* Messaging middleware (JMS) and ESB technologies
* J2EE application server experience (Glassfish, tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Jetty, etc.)
* Unix Shell Scripting
* Experience with SOA/Integration, and API Management technologies and standards
* Spring framework
Highly Desirable Skills:
* Exposure to Mule, Solace (2.0) and caching architecture such as Apache Ignite
* Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies and tools (MongoDB, ELK)
* Database Design/Modeling
* Experience with UML modeling to communicate design ideas to fellow development team members
* RapidSQL or other SQL Tools
* General securities industry experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to work interesting and varied projects and work for a well-known, established Financial Services firm who value their employees and offer one of the best benefits packages in the market.
A great working environment, lots of project work including Greenfield projects, new technologies, training and a good working culture.
Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and a whole host of other benefits not available at your average Financial Services Company – so for more details and to secure an interview please apply today
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation