Junior Project Manager
Job Reference: JPM/Basi-ASR
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£43000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 10-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Junior Project Manager required for a client in Basingstoke on an exciting permanent opportunity
This is the job
This role is to project manage the implementation tactical projects, primarily IT Application and Infrastructure projects, across all channels ensuring strong management control over risks, issues and approved budgets and communication with key stakeholders and adherence to change management governance. The role is not constrained to tactical projects. Appropriate strategic projects are included based to support the job holder’s development.
What will I be doing?
* Managing application development projects e.g. new products, new services, new capabilities
* Producing project plans that cover end to end delivery of the project e.g requirements, IT & Digital development, Marketing, Finance, Call Centre for training and Business Readiness.
* Preparing forecast project spend vs approved budgeted.
* Producing all the required artifacts required for stage gate reviews
* Creating and managing a Risk Register including identifying risk mitigation actions.
* Managing stakeholder’s expectation at a senior management level
* Providing progress reports and presenting at Steering Groups attended by Directors.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven record of personally being responsible for end to end delivery of application development projects.
* Must have experience of working within a regulated Financial Services environment
* Experience of working with different project delivery methodologies g. Agile, Waterfall, Planned Iterative etc.
* Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished and benefits realised
* Managing projects to budget and creating and managing project plans,
* Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments an excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
* A competent user of Microsoft Project including resource planning
* Expert problem solver
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.