Lead BI Analyst – SSIS / SSRS
Job Reference: 15510 - BIMS
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£65000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 12-06-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
Lead BI Analyst – SSIS / SSRS
We are currently working closely with one of most prestigious clients who are based in the heart of the Financial district London. The position is for an experienced and talented individual who is looking for that next step in the career.
Lead the Business Intelligence Support team to ensure BI applications meet the service level agreements for production processing. Address application incidents and minor enhancement requests through the provision of business analysis and support services for the company’s Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems. Operate as SME for specific application set.
General Activities & Key Tasks:
* Maintain a daily checks list and any additional monitoring required to ensure that the BI production systems are running without issue and that any failures are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Provide second level support to resolve application incidents and manage application enhancement requests within agreed service levels.
* Maintain and support the data warehouse and associated applications
* Liaise with users to specify, design and implement minor enhancements to the data warehouse as required by the business, ensuring that changes are consistent with the existing BI architecture.
* Provide assistance with the resolution of user problems and queries
* Liaise with the IT department on changes to upstream and downstream systems to ensure that any impacts on the BI systems are identified and dealt with accordingly
* Database, ETL, Report and OLAP development work
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
* Understand the principles of ETL design and development
* Independent thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Knowledge and hands on experience of MS SQL Server – SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
* Knowledge of data warehouse principles
* Candidate must hold a degree in a relevant discipline with at least two year’s commercial experience with at least one of those years within a BI role
* Good understanding of Database schema design
* Exposure to Transact SQL coding
* Understand the principals of data modelling
* Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques
* Strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
* Good verbal and written communications skills
* Confident, friendly, self-motivated personality
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
* Exposure to large scale data warehousing and BI solutions
* London Market Insurance knowledge
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* Knowledge of IBM InfoSphere DataStage
* Knowledge of Power BI
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.