Lead Developer (Front End)
Job Reference: LDFE/15354
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 15-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Lead Developer (Front End) required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
As a Lead Developer you will lead the development and implementation of assigned projects within the relevant delivery tower (e.g. Road, Insurance, Data/Digital/Integration, Group). You will manage all development and integration activities associated with medium to complex cross-functional projects, with responsibility for the technical delivery across the systems development life. This will include the technical design, development, testing and maintenance activities. You will create & manage delivery plans and required development resources to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
You will specialise in a particular area of expertise as described below and are expected to model delivery excellence for more junior members of the team and engaged partner resources. This will include providing technical guidance, completing code reviews and driving continual process improvement.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Work closely with business & IT stakeholders and our delivery partners to understand the business requirements and drive the development of high-quality technical solutions.
* Contribute to solution design, identifying innovative solutions to business requirements, driving standardisation and re-usability.
* Provide development estimates for assigned changes/projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Collaborate with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure low level design and build are fully aligned to business requirements.
* Manage the development & application maintenance activities for assigned applications to meet both functional and non-functional requirements, within budget and timescale. Expected to apply knowledge of industry trends/standards to improve technical deliveries and service.
* "Hands on" development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. On occasion, you may be expected to provide an ‘out of hours’ service for business critical issues.
* Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
* Responsible for quality assurance & delivery, managing unit & system testing and liaising with test teams to ensure SIT/BRT/performance/integration testing is effective and supported. Will also ensure adherence to governance, standards and audit requirements.
* Interviews and selects onshore and offshore developers and consultants to build/maintain required development capability.
* Model best practice, acting as a role model for more junior members of the development team. This includes consistently exceeding the defined development KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vain.
* Responsibilities may include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
* Possesses significant knowledge of development design principles.
* An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
* Has specific experience in designing application customisation and integration.
* Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques.
* Understands the benefits of various programming languages and techniques and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the requirements.
* Experienced in the design of technical solutions and integration
* Strong technical project management skills in agile and/or Waterfall
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects
Technical & Functional Experience
* Angular JS , Node JS OR
* Windows Presentation Foundation ( WPF )
* Java/Java Script
* Mobile Development
* Oracle / SQL Database technology
* Experience in the following business areas will be advantages:
* Customers service & operations
* Mobile solutions
* Motor Industry
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.