Lead Test Analyst
Job Reference: LTA15610CMS
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 09-08-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Bradford, England, West Yorkshire
Lead Test Analyst required for a leading financial leading client in Bradford
To ensure that the Test Team carries out appropriate testing (e.g. Integration, system and regression testing for example), which is relevant to the new release of a software application.
To ensure consistently high quality software releases of both in-house software applications and their interfaces to other relevant 3rd party applications into the Live IT environment. This will be achieved through the creation of targeted test strategy / approach documentation followed by appropriate design and execution of system and non-functional tests.
To facilitate and support key business representatives to ensure comprehensive and successful User Acceptance Testing occurs.
To proactively seek ways of improving the key activities of the team, including:
* The quality, accuracy and fitness for purpose of software testing related project deliverables
* The effectiveness of those elements of the project methodology and approaches to project delivery where Test team involvement is required.
* The quality and range of software testing related services provided by the team, including test specific reports during key stages of project delivery
* Investigation and evaluation of up and coming trends, tools and techniques within the software testing industry and how they can be successfully applied within the organization.
Skills and Experience needed
* 4+ years of software testing experience with strong hands-on skills
* Experience across various testing phases – System, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance Testing
* Proven track record of leading and managing software testing teams
* Strong UAT background with demonstrable experience working with the business, stakeholders and suppliers
* Commitment to quality in all aspects of work
* Strong team player who leads by example and is able to work positively within any team
* Flexible approach to work within the project delivery environment
* Challenges preconceptions and focuses on the business problem/opportunity
* Provides innovative and practical solutions to problems
* Professional approach to both internal and external contacts
* Coaching and mentoring team members
* Sound knowledge of "best practice" for Software Testing
* Formal / structured project management methodologies
* Full software development lifecycle
* Ability to manage relationships with other staff and team performance/motivation.
* Ability to promote team working and develop the Test team
* Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
* Risk and issues management
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Organisation, planning and time management.
* Able to report results to manager and system stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner
* Knowledge and strong appreciation of MS SharePoint
* Knowledge and strong appreciation of MS Dynamics CRM
* Experience in Insurance, legal and CRM systems
* Experience of testing tools such as Jira, TFS, Test Manager
* Enjoys learning and developing professional skills
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.