Middleware Integration Specialist – Travel / Home Based
Job Reference: MISHT/18101HB
Salary: £60000 - £67500 Per Annum Car Allowance + Benefits
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-01-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: United Kingdom
Middleware Integration Specialist required for a leading UK client
This role requires travel. 50/50 travel/home based
We are currently looking for an experienced Middleware Specialist to join our clients rapidly growing software division within this leading International advanced technology solution provider. The role involves working on various customer projects as a consultant specialist in relation to IBM middleware solutions around IBM MQ, IBM IIB and IBM WAS.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This skilled role, will involve working with customers to provide MQ and IIB expertise. This can involve working with architects in designing, implementing and configuring a new solution; migrating or upgrading MQ or IIB; customization of IIB using ESQL.
Good knowledge in configuring, migrating and performance tuning IBM WebSphere Application Server is also key.
Strong integration skills and a good understanding of a variety of different integration techniques & protocols is important, as well as solid analytical and problem solving skills.
* Solid knowledge in IBM MQ 7+ – administration, configuration and support
* Solid knowledge in IBM IIB 9+ – administration, configuration and support
* Performance tuning and monitoring middleware solutions
* Knowledge of communicating via MQ or JMS queues
* Experience in ESQL
* Experience in SQL and database design
* Good knowledge in IBM Websphere Application Server – administration, configuration and support
* Good Linux / Unix skills
* Develop integration applications using IBM IIB
* Knowledge of Web Services – RESTful API, Microservices and API
* Knowledge of XML and JSON
* IBM API Connect
* IBM DataPower Gateway
* IBM i Knowledge
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
5+ years commercial MQ, IIB and WAS experience
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation