Middleware Support Technical Analyst
Job Reference: MSTAH/27110
Salary: £40k - 46k per year + Bonus + Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 27-11-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Hook, Hampshire, England
Middleware Support Technical Analyst required for a leading client in Hook, Hampshire
You will be joining an established team working for a global leader in state of the art offices.
* 24×7 support is in-line with current process within the Virgin Media Middleware Support team. Our client operates a 24×7 call out rota currently 1 week in 6 for the team. The knowledge of the platforms JCAPS, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle API Gateway is spread across all members of the team to ensure that 24×7 is continued and is in line within the 24×7 callout rota.
* Responsible for the integration, support and maintenance of applications/services written in Java.
* Accountable for software delivery. Can demonstrate effective internal/third party relationship building and end to end solution delivery within agreed architecture, development methodology and timescales. This includes the acceptance of software back into the client for ongoing support.
* Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are of appropriate quality and meet the stated requirements (e.g. design documentation, software, unit test documentation & results, etc).
* Responsible for delivering loosely coupled components with clearly defined interfaces within a large component based infrastructure that conforms to a detailed design and requirements definition.
* Work closely with IT Operations teams to ensure applications are operationally robust and that application performance remains within defined boundaries.
Experience and Skills
* Web services (SOAP, REST) / Message based provisioning systems, JAVA J2EE, EJB, BPEL, XML, XSD, WSDL, JAXB, JAXWS, JDBC, JMS, JNDI etc.
* Oracle WebLogic server 11g/12c Administration (Advanced App Server fundamentals i.e. Clustering & Load balancing), Oracle Service bus 11g and/or 12c
* Unix and/or Linux
* RDBMS experience (Oracle, MS SQL Server DB2)
* ITIL Processes – Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Specific fusion middleware job duties:
* Install and patching: Installation, configuration and tuning of fusion middleware, WebLogic and WebSphere environments.
* Conduct Troubleshooting: Work with the Application server DBA and Oracle DBA to resolve application problems.
* Perform Migrations: Migrate code between test QA and production environments.
* Maximize High Availability: High-availability design, configuration, and maintenance, including clustering and load balancing for fusion middleware.
* Create Configuration: Configuration of LDAP and SSO for fusion middleware and fusion middleware based products such as OBIEE, BI Publisher and UCM .
* Perform Tuning: Tuning of fusion middleware, OBIEE, BI Publisher and UCM. Develops standards and tuning metrics and alert thresholds. Create standardized alerts for telephone/pager devices for exceptional performance thresholds.
* Oversee QA: Review proposed changes.
* Create Documentation: Develops a complete set of fusion middleware documentation describing the current configuration of fusion middleware, using Confluence.
* Develop Best Practices: Gathers fusion middleware best practices and standards for tested implementation.
* Concepts: Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Enterprise Service Bus, Configuration, Release, Monitoring, Change & Build Management
* Desirable – Splunk, Dynatrace, Oracle Enterprise Manager, WLST, Oracle Traffic Director, Oracle Webservices Manager, Oracle HTTP Server, SOA Suite 11g, SOA connectors, Oracle Coherence 3.6, Unix Scripting
– Putty or other SSH terminal client
– SQL Developer
– Subversion – or equiv source code control e.g. GIT
Benefits include :- 10% Matched pension, Private healthcare, Annual Bonus 10%, Life Assurance, Car Leasing scheme and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation