Network Engineer – Financial Services – Market rates
Job Reference: 15807
Salary: Â£400 - Â£450 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 04-10-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
Our client a leading financial services organisation are looking to recruit a Network Engineer on an inital 6 month
Main Purpose of the Role:
Network Systems Support Engineer responsible for supporting the companies data network and all other aspects of networking including: voice, firewall and infrastructure.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical competencies (Essential):
* Microsoft Windows Server (version 2008 and above) and VMWare ESX (version 5.5 and above).
* Ivanti LANDesk (version 2016 and above).
* Identifies areas where improved management information can protect the delivery of service and works with others to define processes to routinely collect information and records. Reports and escalates unforeseen or exceptional events.
* Creates instructions or follows agreed plans to deliver change. Documents actions required for all tasks whether simple or complex; confirms correct functionality of installations; coaching others where required and advises supervisor and, if appropriate, users of progress.
* Uses data collected to build dashboards and reports for the customer to highlight information clearly.
System Operation and Maintenance:
* Layer 3 Path Control
* IPv4 redistribution
* EIGRP based solutions
* OSPF based solutions
* BGP based solutions
* Layer 2 switching
* High availability
* Maintaining and monitoring network performance
* Troubleshooting a multi protocol system network
* NX OS
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.