Network Infrastructure Manager
Job Reference: INFRANET_1504114088
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 30-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Network Infrastructure Manager
We are currently working closely with one of our biggest vcustomers based in Surrey. They are by far and away the biggest player in their market sector and we are currently looking for a talented and experience Network Infrastructure Manager to join them at this critical time.
The role itself is to implement, upgrade, patch and maintain the clients on-premise and cloud based technical infrastructure solutions that enable othe business to utilise technology to support the overall vision of the customer.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Support the Technology team to deliver the company and department strategy, being an ambassador for the Technology department, demonstrating high levels of customer service and being recognised as a technical authority
- Provide leadership to and drive the Network Infrastructure function, to develop a high performing team with a commercial and delivery focused culture, ensuring team members have clear objectives and clear role direction
- To coach and mentor the Network Infrastructure team, understanding development needs and skill gaps within the team and provide suitable development plans
- Provide hands on support and maintenance on technical infrastructure expertise, resolving Network Infrastructure incidents and service requests assigned to the Network Infrastructure Support ticket queue, liaising with other members of IT and the user community as appropriate, ensuring that business impact is minimised and that steps to mitigate future reoccurrence (reduce likelihood and/or business impact) are identified and followed up.
- To ensure the team carry out general infrastructure housekeeping and daily health checks to enterprise best practises and standards.
- Ensure documentation that falls within the scope of Network Infrastructure support is produced and maintained.
- Service Management – To manage the Infrastructures team programme of work, prioritise and understand impact of support tickets, ensuring defined SLA’s and KPI’s are measured and met.
- To build relationships with service partners and ensure all services are delivered to the appropriate level of quality and agreed SLA. To participate in Service Review meetings
- Innovation & Continual Improvement – Responsible for enforcing the ethos of continuous improvement and to be part of decision making for new technical solutions and partners
- IT Governance – CAB, PCI & Security – Adhere and enforce IT department policies
- To lead the technical infrastructure involvement on change projects, planning and implementing new infrastructure that support new information technology initiatives
- Team Planning – To manage and communicate the resource availability within the Infrastructure team
Key Skills desired:
Enterprise level infrastructure management
ITIL certified, proven knowledge as well as working experience
VMWare vSphere 5.x/6
Networks & Switching (Cisco/HP)
Storage Solutions (Net App)
Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2
Microsoft SCCM (System Centre)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.