Job Reference: JSRS-NSJB
Salary: Highly Competitive + Bonus + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 31-10-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Our global, market leading and unique client, who have experienced genuine growth in recent times, is looking for an experienced Network Specialist to join their team based near Manchester on a permanent basis. The Network Specialist will play a critical role, as you will help define the Network architecture, lead projects as well as acting as a mentor to the more junior members of the team.
This is an exciting role, as our client have recently gone through heavy investment, as well completing various acquisitions. They are already largely considered market leaders and have a clear vision as to where they want the business and their valued employees to be in the future. This team prides themselves on their friendly, relaxed and flexible attitude.
Network Specialist – Key Skills:
* Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, SDWAN
* Switching: Spanning Tree Protocol, VLANs, Trunking, Etherchannel, Packet Analysis, QoS, Catalyst 6500 & 6800, Nexus Data Centre
* Security: ASA Firewalls, Rules Configuration and Troubleshooting, Cisco ACS, ISE.
* Wireless: WLC, Access Point Installation and Support, Wireless Survey
* Troubleshooting: Application Performance, LAN/WAN Issues
* Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
* Advanced knowledge of WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols, including Ethernet point to point and VPN technologies.
* Routing and tunneling protocols including BGP, OSPF and IPSEC
* Strong understanding of high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP and LACP.
* Network virtualization technologies including MPLS and VRF. Knowledge of SD-WAN also advantageous
* Strong understanding of QoS and NetFlow, particularly in respect to prioritising VoIP traffic
* Packet analysis with Wireshark
* CCNP/CCDP Certified (Routing & Switching or Security)
Network Specialist – Responsibilities:
* To ensure the design of perimeter security are robust, available and fit for future
* To provide Implementation services for all projects that have networking and, or Security requirements.
* To contribute to definition of the Group Network and Security Standards.
* To keep up to date with the latest Networking and Security tools that are available.
* To provide 3rd line support for the network infrastructure.
* To deliver project work (both strategic and tactical) in compliance with relevant technical architectures, ensuring solutions are successfully delivered and fit for purpose.
* To provide technical consultancy to infrastructure and development teams where necessary to assist with project delivery and/or problem resolution.
* To provide appropriate training and documentation for any newly deployed systems.
* To perform release management activities including patching, firmware updates and other related activities.
* To provide support for systems out of hours
* To implement systems changes and improvements using the Change management process.
Network Specialist – Benefits:
Our household name client is able to offer some truly wonderful benefits, all of which will be disclosed at interview stage. Some of the benefits included are:
* Annual Leave
* Brilliant Bonus
* Private Medical Insurance
* Generous Pension Contribution
* Discount Vouchers
* Opportunity to work abroad
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation