Network & Telephony Architect
Job Reference: NTAS/24107_1500911667
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Great Benefits + Company Car
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Will Wait Notice
Vacancy Posted: 24-07-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Network & Telephony Architect required
Our expanding Surrey based client, who are market leaders in their field, have a unique and exciting opportunity to join their established team as a Network & Telephony Architect
The Network & Telephony Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of Network & Telephony services throughout the companies IT. The role will have Technical Authority over Network & Telephony Architecture and will work very closely with the Head of IT Transformation & Head of Infrastructure Architecture to ensure all design decisions are aligned to our strategic vision
You will have a strong “can do” technical background and be comfortable in managing and troubleshooting technical issues in relation to our Network & Telephony services. You will be responsible for delivery of new Projects and will provide support from an escalation perspective to our Network Support team.
The successful role holder will be passionate about how Network and Telephony underpins our company and will strive to challenge, design and deliver Network & Telephony services and will be a strong advocate of documented process and procedure.
Main Role Duties
- Analyse business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and review communications systems.
- Develop Network technology roadmaps aligned to Infrastructure Roadmap.
- Key stakeholder with regards to managing technology vendors and preferred suppliers.
- Help drive the direction of our Network & Telephony throughout the company and other subsidiaries.
- Influence and implement Network Elements of core business change projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
Technical Content of Work/Skills Required
- Experience of designing cloud/network solutions and implementation.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies such as IaaS, PaaS, SDN and other emerging technologies.
- Experience of designing and implementing fit for purpose Telephony Solutions to enable our business to operate.
- Significant server virtualisation exposure with platforms such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Networking (WAN / LAN / DNS) and wireless systems understanding.
- Proven experience leading successful Network & Telephony delivery
- Experience with security solutions such as DDoS, IPS, PCI compliance
- Strong understanding of Backup and Recovery, DR and Business Continuity.
- Managed service and cloud based service exposure (Azure, AWS, Microsoft 365)
- Storage Area Network understanding, design and deployment experience.
- The ability to utilise tools available to create reporting and alerting dashboards to help facilitate Network Support teams to deliver Business as Usual service.
- Cisco CCDA/CCNP Certified
- Coaching and mentoring style of approach when working with team members.
- Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities.
- A hands-on, technically experienced team member.
- MPLS and WAN experience
- Strong network implementation experience
- Comfortable designing, integrating and verifying networks
Some of the benefits for this role include A company car, Annual Leave, Pension contribution, on site restaurant, free parking, discount vouchers and much more.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.