Network & Voice Implementation Manager
Job Reference: NIDM/15657CB
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits + Car
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 09-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Network & Voice Implementation Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
To project manage the implementation of strategic and tactical Network & Voice IT projects within IT Operations, which includes the core MPLS, building & DC switching, firewalls, WAN acceleration, Cloud Connectivity, Callcentre and BackOffice SIP & TDM technologies. The role needs to ensure that each network & voice infrastructure project is implemented to time and cost, while ensuring adherence to the agreed Project Governance Framework.
This position sits within the IT Operations function, ideally in Basingstoke but other locations would be considered as the clients offices are throughout the UK. The purpose of this position is to provide both project management expertise and network / voice operational implementation SME expertise to support both legacy replacement projects and new network & voice infrastructure implementations. This will take the form of facilitating and managing strategic and tactical change implementation, ensuring appropriate processes are followed (eg Change, Service Introduction) and co-coordinating / project managing the implementation of new / infrastructure across. The job holder should be able to provide project management support and direction for IT and will typically have simultaneous responsibility for a number of concurrent projects. Projects will vary in size and scope, and will utilise a variety of personnel and resources in different teams within IT, plus managing resources from multiple third parties.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* – A minimum of 7 years experiencing working as a senior technical expert in the following fields: o MPLS & Ethernet WAN technologies (Cisco)
o Voice (legacy & IP-based) technologies (Avaya)
* – Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
o Good understanding of End User Voice technologies (eg Skype)
o Good understanding of CTI
* – The following skills being highly desirable:
o Checkpoint, McAfee, Riverbed
o Security technologies
* Proven experience in managing the implementation of 3rd party WAN Services
* Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
* Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within preset deadlines and to the required standard
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
* An excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
* Able to make decisions where appropriate
* Able to use Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Project
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with an aptitude and ability to lead a team
* Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
* Expert problem solver
* Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
* Creative thinke
* Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the affect of change on people and businesses
* Has stamina required to complete drawn-out tasks
* In depth and varied business experience required
* Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished and benefits realised
* Competent in the role of task leader/coach with proven skills in team building
* Commercially astute. Understands allocated business areas and identifies opportunities.
* Record of delivering IT development projects to budget and timescale,
* Deep understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines,
* Self-starter with a drive to succeed focusing on delivering business benefit
* Good understanding of Project & Change Management best practices as well as in depth understanding and experience of different project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Planned Iterative etc.
* Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
* Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects.
* Demonstrated ability to maximise the identified project/programme benefits in large multi-faceted corporate environments.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.