Network (Voice) Infrastructure Delivery Manager
Job Reference: NIDM/15344SK
Salary: Â£80000 - Â£90000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-04-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Network (Voice) Infrastructure Delivery Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The IT Network (voice) Infrastructure Delivery Manger is responsible for the entire data network & voice infrastructure tower, which incorporates wide area network (MPLS), local area network, and Voice (callcenter and backoffice) technologies. This is primarily a proactive leadership role of Data & Voice networks within the organisation, encompassing both technical & service activity, and managing both direct reports and outsourced service providers.
This role needs to develop and maintain an effective relationship with teams across the IT organisation & partners, being accountable for the design and delivery of Data & Voice Networks through to the live environment.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Leadership of the network technical design resource; network project delivery manager & L2-L4 support teams (escalation management; service reviews; governance of design & risk)
* Accountable for Planning & Roadmap for Data & Voice Networks, including ongoing refresh and enhancements of platforms in line with Enterprise Architectural standards
* Accountability for implementation of data network & voice infrastructure, including technical debt remediation and ongoing enhancements
* Definition of scope of third party contracts (both operational and project change SoWs)
* Accountable for operational stability of infrastructure area, providing input to RCA with Problem Management, and accountability for remedial action
* Accountability of efficiency / optimisation of infrastructure area and third-party support contracts
* Management of patching & monitoring strategy / policy for Data & Voice Networks
* Taking inputs from Capacity Management, ensure effective planning and execution of capacity upgrades
* Attendance at Change forums / CAB on behalf of Network teams
* Act as an escalation point for MIM / L2-4 support, both for internal and external parties
* Primary point of contact for clients vendors/partners relating to Data & Voice Networks, maintaining technical awareness of market developments
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience in leading a Data & Voice Network function
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
* A minimum of 7 years experiencing working as a senior technical expert in the following fields:
* MPLS & Ethernet WAN technologies (Cisco)
* Voice (legacy & IP-based) technologies (Avaya)
* Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
* Good understanding of End User Voice technologies (eg Skype)
* Good understanding of CTI
* The following skills being highly desirable:
* Checkpoint, McAfee, Riverbed
* Security technologies
* Proven experience in managing 3 rd party WAN Services
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
* Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – a strong communicator who develops relationships for mutual gain.
* Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry.
* Extensive knowledge of analytic techniques and methods and problem-solving skills
* Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
* Sound Network infrastructure design experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering scalable, resilient data & voice networks
* Comfortable working with senior staff, both business and IT
* Experience of working with outsource partners and delivering solutions into support
* Have demonstrable documentation skills
* Awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI
* Visibility of software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
* Experience of working with business and technology stakeholders
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle Certification Service Design
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.