Oracle DBA – Postgres / MSSQL
Job Reference: ODBACL/02108_1501674407
Salary: £500 - £580 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 02-08-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Oracle DBA – Postgres required for an initial 6 month contract with a leading financial organisation in Central London
The DBA will work within the Database support team, which support the bank’s clearing systems. The role is responsible for Database management of the Clearing applications utilising MS SQL, PostGres (Enterprise DB PAS) and Oracle DB technologies including performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, and support of the database environments.
Skills and Experience needed;
- Experience of implementing and supporting Oracle, MS SQL & PostGres databases in high availability solutions
- Understanding of and adherence to ITIL Change control procedures.
- Must have a strong understanding of the architectural and operational complexities of solutions deployed within a MS SQL, PostGres and Oracle environment with hands on experience of many of the following technologies
- Performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, support and undertake troubleshooting of the database environments
- Capacity Management (proactive housekeeping/archiving)
- Managing Backups, Disaster Recovery and High Availabilty of the database environments
- Support software developers with database operations including the support of SQL, creation of stored proceudres etc
- Knowledge of Continuous Intergration (eg.. Chef)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, VM Ware, Red Hat Linux
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS)
- Knowledge of clustering & network technologies
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.