Oracle Developer – PL/SQL, Forms, Unix Scripting
Job Reference: 15909
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£52000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 09-11-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Canary Wharf, England, Greater London
Oracle Developer required for a prestigious organisation based in the Canary Wharf vicinity. My client have some large scale projects coming up and need to add a senior level Oracle Developer to their ranks. This is a great time to join an exciting company with solid investment and great growth potential.
This role would suit a senior level developer who is looking to move into team leader position
Your primary responsibilities will be:
Functions and scope of responsibilities:
– Code design and development for larger projects using Oracle SQL, PL/ SQL and Oracle Forms
– Database environment setup which includes generating scripts for creating and amending tables and other objects in data dictionary.
– Support include problem investigation, development, testing and deployment to live of code developed
– Developing data migration scripts while moving data across databases, from flat files, excel to tables, etc.
– On-going support and maintenance of in-house applications using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle Forms
– Interacting with business users to assist them with problem investigation
– Interacting with front end developers as part of the development process
– Adheres to processes in place for live deployment and support
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
– Must have experience in Database Development using Oracle PL/SQL
– Strong SQL writing skills and data analysis using SQL Plus/ Toad/ SQL developer
– Debugging PL/SQL code
– Working knowledge of partitioning and materialised views
– Experience of working in support environment with good problem solving and analytical skills
– Fluency in working within standard procedures and within a project life cycle
– Must have knowledge of database best practices
– Unix skills desirable
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Oracle Developer who is looking to move into a Team Leader role – and a chance to work for a well-known, established company who value their employees and offer a very attractive remuneration package
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.