Job Reference: PHPLIV13_1503323669
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 21-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Our national client is based in the retail industry is already a major player within it’s marketplace and is expanding rapidly. There are over 400 stores throughout the country which employ more than 17,000 staff. The business has grown to become one of the largest privately owned companies in the UK.
Based at the Head Office in Liverpool the PHP Developer will have at least 3 years commercial experience working with PHP and be creative in developing unique applications as well as enthusiastic about emerging technologies and open to embracing and mastering complimentary and/or alternative solutions.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Investigate, analyse and document reported bugs
- Perform maintenance development and correction of identified bugs
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with Developers to achieve these through regular code reviews
- Create and document test plans, implement and manage unit tests and scripts
The PHP Developer must possess the following skills and attributes:-
- One or more PHP frameworks for example; Laravel, Silex, Lumen and Symfony
- PHPUnit or equivalent PHP testing framework
- Knowledge of GIT revision control
- Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Relational databases
- NoSql databases
- Experience developing, supporting and maintaining, scalable web applications (desirable)
Notable additions include but are not limited to:-
- Microservices Architecture
- GO Programming Language
- Amazon Web Services
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real ‘can do’ attitude
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.