Job Reference: JSRSPRINCDEV_1502358142
Salary: £80000 - £85000 per annum + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 10-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Our well renowned, market leading client whose last year revenue was in excess of £1bn are looking for an experienced Principal Developer to join their innovative team on a permanent basis. The Principal Developer will be tasked with supporting their colleagues in delivering a World Class Customer Experience, through a wide variety of digital, technical and infrastructure projects.
As a highly motivated full stack Principal Developer, you will play a critical leadership role in delivering innovative technical solutions on our award-winning e-commerce and services platforms.
Principal Developer – Key Skills:
- Demonstrable experience of designing large-scale, high-performance, resilient, large-scale, distributed eCommerce systems.
- Extensive experience of the full software development life-cycle at an enterprise level.
- Practical experience of contemporary web and UI technologies.
- Must be able to organise own workload, communicate effectively at all levels, motivate others and work hard to ensure commitments are met.
- Proactive approach, coupled with a desire to continuously improve our development standards and processes, balanced with the pragmatism required to affect change within a large organisation.
- Significant “hands on” development experience in an enterprise Java role.
- Confident working with business partners to gather requirements & develop concepts.
- Must be able to negotiate deliverables and design decisions with senior business stakeholders.
- Experience of eCommerce search engines such as Endeca, Autonomy or Lucene.
- Good working knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Experience of UML and related software design tools.
- Extensive experience in JEE application server platforms and designing high-performance scalable systems.
- Significant experience of implementing systems based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience working with Oracle Databases, JBoss, Tomcat, Web UI and related technologies.
Principal Developer – Role Scope:
- Accountable for reviewing and providing technical direction to all projects and take ownership for the technical implementation of the design.
- Define and continuously evolve the software development life cycle (Build, Source Code Management, Unit Testing, QA and Versioning), ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership to the development teams ensuring standards a fully understood and adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that the delivered solution meets all requirements with regards to security, compliance, functionality and performance.
- A key player in the definition of our digital and services technical strategy and will lead the end to end process for introduction of new technologies
- Will champion best practices and be expected to produce, review and evolve the technical implementation and release standards
- Provide and be an escalation point for the project development and architecture teams to resolve issues and questions. You will also need to perform cross-project coordination where necessary ensuring dependencies and conflicts are identified and managed.
- Ensure all designs are in line with the documented IT strategy. The holder of this role will be heavily involved in negotiating deliverables and design decisions with senior business stakeholders including Digital, Marketing and Innovation plus technical peers within Global IT.
Principal Developer – Benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- World-class training and development – we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long-term career.
- Much more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.