Principal Project Manager
Job Reference: PPM/01081/AD
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 09-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Principal Project Manager required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The Principal Project Manager reports to the Head of IT Projects. The job holder is responsible for developing and implementing change across the business, ensuring that the developed capability can deliver the requisite business benefits. The Principal Project Manager runs a program delivery schedule, leading a variety of projects throughout their development lifecycle where this role plays a strategic part.
The job holder will provide support and guidance to a team of Project Managers and Project Coordinators, as required, ensuring effective implementation of the change initiatives and ongoing development of the team
The job role:
* To conduct feasibility studies, research, identify / analyse business need and make recommendations for business improvement opportunities which underpin the overall strategy of the business
* To create and maintain good working relationship with project sponsors and managers and initiate and facilitate the implementation of solutions based on business need
* To recommend appropriate process solutions to fit business need and commensurate with the business case
* To communicate across all levels to enable clear understanding of the strategy behind project needs, design and delivery approach
* Preparation and presentation of supporting documentation to senior management across the business
* The ability to support a team of business professionals deployed across a range of projects to achieve excellent standards of productivity and quality in the absence of the Head of IT Projects
* To effectively manage project team members and resources, including third parties and suppliers, always maintaining an excellent level of service and ensuring project delivery to budget and time
* To produce project plans illustrating an excellence of vision and approach. To ensure effective communication of projects’ status and issues to senior project and business management, IT and the project teams
* To select and balance project team members, illustrating a keen sense of project delivery need against available skill set
* To continually look to improve aspects of departmental strategy and project delivery and manage projects and project resources such that demonstrable continuous improvement is achieved across all elements of process and output
* To undertake any other duties assigned by the Head of Projects and the Executive Team.
* Provide a business escalation and critical communication channel for senior operational management and IT
* The duties listed are not exhaustive. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
* Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
* Degree or relevant alternative, would consider relevant business experience for non-degree candidates.
* Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
* An excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
* Digital Experience required
* Financial Services background preferred
* Able to make decisions where appropriate
* Able to use Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Project
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with an aptitude and ability to lead a team
* Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
* Expert problem solver
* Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
* Creative thinker
* Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the effect of change on people and businesses
* Has stamina to complete drawn-out tasks
* Business re-engineering capability
Benefits include – 20% Annual Bonus, Car Allowance, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.