Procurement Category Manager
Job Reference: 15313E
Salary: Â£275 - Â£300 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-06-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, Uxbridge
Our client required an Procurement Category managers to support their commercial activities across the business. This will involve setting up a contracts database and creating a timetable for contract review, renegotiation and renewal/re-tender.
You will be responsible for temp labour, stationery, facilities, IT etc
Procurement for Projects and Programmes
* Advise and agree the procurement process to be followed.
* Support programme/project managers in the preparation of the procurement documentation eg PQQ, Invitation to Tender (ITT), the Evaluation and Scoring Methodology and initial draft contract.
* Manage the tender evaluation process jointly with programme/project managers.
* Manage the post-tender presentation process and clarifications meetings (if required) from potential suppliers.
* Lead on contract negotiations.
* Ensure solid performance measures are included within Contracts and thereafter actively managed.
Person Specification – ICT Procurement Specialist
* Educated to first degree standard or equivalent
* Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or other appropriate professional body (or working towards).
Knowledge and experience
* Knowledge and experience of recent developments in procurement best practice including E-procurement and e-sourcing;
* Experience of procurement of ICT infrastructure and supply/services/maintenance etc. contracts together with knowledge of the ICT purchasing landscape.
* Track record of procurement of a wide range of goods and services in a large and diverse organisation.
* Proven track record in influencing and managing procurement improvements and delivering savings.
Skills and abilities
* Strong negotiation skills, a good understanding of contract law and knowledge and experience of the application of E.U. Public Procurement Regulations (OJEU)
* Ability to absorb, analyse and interpret complex issues quickly and to respond in a clear concise and impartial manner.
* To be able to work with project managers and other stakeholders to deliver a high quality, effective and efficient sourcing service
* A commitment to provide a service which meets users’ requirements and which is accessible and responsive to their needs
* A collaborative working style with excellent communication and presentational skills
* Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.