Job Reference: ISTLPL/21108_1503334875
Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Good Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Will Wait Notice
Vacancy Posted: 21-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: West London, London
Project Leader required for a global leading organisation in West London
You will be joining an established team based in West London who boast modern, open planned offices and many on-site facilities
- Supervise Systems which develops and supports application systems used across approximately 16 international territory offices. In addition, the group also supports systems used by global clients.
- Liaise with users on territory specific or cross-territory project requirements including analysis of business requirements, system/program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Responsible for supervising and reviewing work completed by other team members.
- Provide systems support to territory users.
The technical environment is approximately 16 distributed territory IBM iSeries machines operating in-house developed Sales and Accounting systems using the following programming toolsets – RPGII, RPG/400, RPG IV, Query, DFU, SQL, CL
Secondary responsibility is daily support to head office JDE users on project requirements including analysis of business requirements, system/program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Supervise a team developing and supporting systems to run on 16 territory office (on IBM iSeries) systems and a Head Office JDE financial system (also on IBM iSeries).
- Provide daily technical support and assistance to head office and territory users, involving detailed investigation and analysis of user reported system faults and correcting programs where necessary.
- Review of TOBIAS and JDE proposals for system developments including changes and additions to existing software.
- Project management of new projects as required.
- Produce project and resourcing work plans along with regular progress reports.
- System Amendment Requests (logged enhancements or errors) or development projects. This may involve systems analysis, initial work sizing, programming, testing and implementation of new systems and enhancements in accordance with departmental standards/change control procedures and regular reporting of progress to UIP MIS management.
- Maintenance of user and technical documentation.
- Provision of user training and on-site technical support for territory staff during system implementations.
Skills and Experience required:
- Good at analysing and finding solving to problems
- Good technical skills – RPG/400, RPG IV, Query, DFU, SQL, CL.
- Familiarity with JDE would be an advantage or other accounting packages
- Proven project management skills, including management of external providers
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Professional approach when dealing with clients (users)
- Good communication skills
- Able to work quickly and efficiently,
- Able to produce quality well tested and effective solutions
- Able to supervise other team members
- Able to prioritise work, deal with any conflicts, and work to deadlines specified
Benefits include – 25 days holiday excluding Bank Holidays, up to 8% pension contribution, Private healthcare and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.