Job Reference: QEH/15443SK
Salary: Â£180 - Â£350 Per DAy
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 23-05-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Quality Engineer required for a leading client in Huddersfield on an initial 3 months contract basis
Main support for project Jupiter plant upgrade. You will be responsible for the co-ordination of the moves from a plant quality perspective ensuring capability after any movement of machines including the relevant customer approvals.
You may also be involved in:
– Tracking and leading improvements in Internal Quality Performance.
– Problem Solving – Lead/support focused teams in each of the areas to help resolve: Non-conforming issues, Scrap reduction, Risk reduction (resolution of C of C issues), Machine and process capability issues, Application of process control, Measurement issues using the disciplined 7-step approach.
– Liaise with SQI on supplier problems to ensure they are addressed satisfactorily.
– Lead, manage and coach Quality Technicians assigned to specific areas.
– Provide lead point of contact for significant quality problems.
– Ensure that audit reports comply with IATF16949 requirements.
– Work with operations engineers to develop links with process control plans
– Monitor and manage internal quality database
– Monitor and manage Internal Quality, Customer Complaints and Corrective Action Database
– Maintain standards and procedures to IATF16949 level.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Previous experience working in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment
– Excellent problem solving skills using the disciplined 7 step approach
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with suppliers to overcome quality issues
– Previous experience working towards IATF quality standards would be an advantage
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.