Job Reference: RMW/04109
Salary: £40k - 45k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 05-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, Wimbledon
Release Manager required for a position in West London working for a market leading organisation
In this business critical IT role you will report to the Head of Service Design & Transition Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and controlling of Releases to ensure changes to services are delivered in a controlled and repeatable way, without impacting availability or stability of the production services.
Job Role Key Responsibilities:
* Responsible for implementation planning including risk mitigation, release activities, technology and people resource planning, go/no go’s implementation coordination, early life support checkpoints and lesson learnt reviews.
* Responsible for risk assessment and mitigation of releases to ensure all technologies involved pose as low a risk as possible to production.
* Responsible for the defining the level of baseline testing required for a release, and ensuring that the quality of testing is appropriate.
* Ensure all change requests are submitted in a timely manner with as much information as possible, attend the CAB to review changes.
* Ensure all teams within IT follow the release management process as defined in the ITDF
* Produce and maintain release reporting including status reporting
* Contribute to Monthly/Weekly Management Reports, including metrics as agreed with line management. Including reporting to internal and external auditors
Skills and experience required;
* Understanding of ITIL processes, Foundation Level as a minimum
* Good understanding of Incident and Problem management
* Good understanding of BAU processes
* Experience of using automated deployment and testing tools
* Good understanding of test management and practices
* Solid understanding of Service Design and Transition
* Experience of IT change management
* Experience of Jira, Quality Centre, Service Now and Microsoft Office Suite applications
* Influencing and scheduling skills
* Relationship, stakeholder management
* Ability to make informed decisions in high pressure situations
* Transparent planning and communication skills
Benefits include – Pension Contribution, Healthcare, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday, Local Discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation