RPG Developer with Equation
Job Reference: RpgilelBIR13_1498550578
Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 27-06-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
RPG ILE Analyst Programmer with Equation – Birmingham
My client, based in the banking industry, is looking to be the leading provider of ethical retail banking services in the UK, delivering long term value for customers, staff and shareholders. They are committed to their core principles, which are the key to what makes them different and successful.This is a great chance to join a medium sized company who are pushing the boundaries of the AS400 development world.
- Highly proficient in development using RPG/ILE/CLLE and AS400 technologies.
- Have past experience in delivering full functional modules on AS400 written using AS400 development tools.
- Knowledge of Misys Equation – essential
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to technical specification in preparation for development.
- Awareness of latest AS400 tools and technologies.
RPG ILE Analyst Programmer responsibilities will include:
- Create, implement and maintain the bank’s in-house’ software and interfaces.
- Analyse, design and develop programs based on business requirements
- Provide initial testing of the programs, prior to user testing (where required)
- Gather and translate data requirement specification from the business to technical specification
- Maintain existing programs to allow for upgrade and changing requirements.
- Support user acceptance testing
- Liaise and collaborate with individuals throughout the business to resolve systems/applications related issues
This client are extremely keen to provide a positive working environment and allow a good work/life balance. With the benefits package for this role, they are showing their commitment to allowing employees to spend quality time away from the office but also being rewarded when they are in work mode.
Don’t miss out on a chance to become part of this team!
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.