RPG SQL Developer – Integration
Job Reference: JSRSRPGINTEGJT
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 12-10-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, West Midlands
RPG SQL Developer – Integration
Our client, a leader within their industry is urgently looking for an experienced RPG SQL Developer, with sound integration experience to join their team based in Birmingham on a permanent basis. The RPG SQL Developer will help with the creation of middleware messaging architecture used for synchronizing changes, feeding existing systems with transactions / messages and ensuring at all times that we do not negatively impact applications.
RPG SQL Developer – Key Skills:
* Experience working with high volume, business critical, large capacity systems in a 24×7 environment.
* Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, priority setting, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications.
* Experience working in an Integration architect role using large global programs.
* Proven experience in messaging models, patterns, understanding of SOA, EAI, EDI, and ETL best practices.
* Proficient in SQL, CLP and RPGLE programming including the ability to write advanced analytical queries and functions.
* Proficient on the iSeries platform
* Experience with Java development would be desirable
* Experience with multiple interface development / management tools is preferred.
* Strong understanding of database design and management.
* Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of enterprise systems and their interactions.
* Ability to facilitate stakeholder involvement in interface projects. Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
* Familiarity with EDI standards, techniques and systems including communication protocols
* Experience delivering enterprise-level solutions in a timely manner with high quality.
* Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology, including ERP (JD Edwards is preferred), application management and integration strategies, network and telecommunications, security, and IT best practices (ITIL).
* Experience in integrating enterprise wide applications used across a broad spectrum of technology solutions including iSeries / AS400, both internal and outsourced.
* Experience of system API’s desirable
* Experience of Visual Basic script desirable
RPG SQL Developer – Responsibilities:
* Develop and support integration activities for global applications, processes and supporting subsystems ensuring SDLC standards are used.
* Troubleshoot, debug and support business applications or processes using CLP, RPGLE, JAVA or SQL
* Provide recommendations with regards to best practice and the use of integration tool sets and where they may be able to be used within the IMI Precision Engineering business.
* Drive the implementation and use of any integration products or toolsets selected.
* Adequately document and maintain all integration / SQL related activity at a technical and functional level maintaining business continuity plan and adherence to audit and security.
* Develop and support software interfaces, migrations, upgrades, enhancements including backups/archiving.
* Develop SQL scripts to enquire or update the ERP database on the iSeries meeting the business’s requirement
* Develop and monitor KPI’s.
* Troubleshoot integration or data workflow issues, reporting on the root cause and ensuring there are no further reoccurrences.
* Maintain an up to date knowledge base of current patterns, modern trends and tools in the integration space.
* Monitor integration performance and when necessary implement performance tuning techniques.
* Collaborate with application teams, infrastructure specialists, DBA’s, business analysts and both in house & outsourced managed services providers to deliver innovative solutions to complex mapping and workflow problems.
RPG SQL Developer – Benefits:
* Annual Leave
* Pension scheme (matched up to 6%)
* Discount vouchers
* World-class training & development
* Opportunity to further skills and learn new technologies
RPG SQL Developer
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.