Security Operations Analyst – Insurance
Job Reference: SOAL/21108_1503306644
Salary: £400 - £450 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 21-08-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Security Operations Analyst – Insurance required for a 6 month contract in Central London.
You will be joining a Global Insurer
Our client is starting a Security Operations team (CSIRT) whom will be responsible for international cyber defence and investigations.
The analyst will support the security operations by assisting with the establishment, development and day to day cyber security operations. This will be achieved by participating in projects defined in the Security Road Map, developing processors and procedures and lastly performing day to day activities which includes investigations, incident response, research and development.
- End point architecture and associated security knowledge (Win7, Win 10, Server 2008, 2012, Linux Redhat)
- Windows Server Active Directory Knowledge (GPO, Forest, Design, Domains, ACL)
- General understanding of Threat Scenarios and corresponding measures (Next-Gen malware, Pass-the-Hash, Pass-the-Ticket, Threat Modelling, Security & Configuration Management, Security Policies, Security Concepts)
- Incident Response and Recovery techniques (tools and techniques)
- Knowledge of Workload Security configurations, Security Standards, policies and Governance frameworks
- Knowledge of IT security best practices
- Experience with security tools such as Symantec AV, Metasploit, Sophos, Fire-Eye etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new environments can work within a team to achieve results globally
- Scripting technologies (PowerShell, Vbs, Python)
- Understanding of Infrastructure technologies and concepts with reference to Cyber Security
- Good knowledge of firewalls, IDS and IPS
Nice to have:
- In depth knowledge of ISO27001
- Preferable Certifications: SSCP, CISP, CEH, CHFI andor MCSA
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.