Senior BI Developer
Job Reference: BIDEVSNR
Salary: £65k - 75k per year
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 21-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London, England
Senior BI Developer
We are currently working in close partnership with one of our biggest customers who are a market leader in the Insurance world. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who can come in and enhance the already talented team.
The role of Senior Business Intelligence Developer is to work within the BI Team and with the wider business to support, enhance and develop the company’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence systems. The developer will design, develop and test new reports, data extracts and ETL processes as required by project or work requests.
The role will focus on the support and development of the existing data warehouse solution in the first instance but opportunities will arise to work on aspects of a major new BI/ Data Warehouse programme that will provide a step-change in the company’s BI capabilities over the next couple of years.
This role will also take some responsibility for day to day management within the BI team, providing support to the Head of Business Intelligence and will report into the BI Data Workstream Manager.
General Activities & Key Tasks:
* Maintain and support the data warehouse and associated applications
* Liaise with users to specify, design and implement changes to the data warehouse as required by the business
* Provide assistance with the resolution of user problems and queries
* Liaise with the IT department on changes to upstream and downstream systems to ensure that any impacts on the BI systems are identified and dealt with accordingly
* Database, ETL, Report and OLAP development work
Essential Skills & Qualifications :
* Candidate must hold a degree in a relevant discipline and have a minimum of three years of experience in a development role
* Knowledge of SQL Server with experience of at least two of the following:
* Database schema design & maintenance
* Transact SQL code development
* ETL design and development
* SQL Server Analysis & Reporting Services
* Full project lifecycle experience from initial design and data modelling through development, testing and into production support
* Knowledge of data warehouse and ETL development techniques
Desirable Skills & Qualifications :
* Hands-on experience implementing large scale data warehouse and BI solutions preferred
* London Market Insurance knowledge and experience highly desirable
* Experience of using changed data capture, data quality and data cleansing technologies and strategies
* Hands on experience with IBM InfoSphere is beneficial
* Microsoft Visual Studio Online
* Knowledge of the SBS Eclipse underwriting system is beneficial.
* Knowledge of PEGA and BIX beneficial.
* Knowledge of Python/Dataframes (pandas, scala etc.) beneficial.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation