Senior Business Analyst – BI
Job Reference: SBBAR/06110
Salary: £400 - 450 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 4 months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 06-10-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Business Analyst BI required for a contract in Reading
Our client is undertaking a large scale transformation of its Commercial Data and MI function . The objective of this work is to enable better customer and commercial decision-making by building new data and MI platforms that are centralised and structured around clear and consistent processes.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to play an integral part of this project. Working within a small team, your role will be to document the high level requirements for the Data and MI platforms across commercial and marketing. Your responsibilities will span from business analysis to requirements gathering via workshops, stakeholder management, detailed documentation and delivery signoff.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Business Analysis and requirement gathering : You have end-to-end project experience of gathering and documenting business requirements and working within a team environment to deliver Data & MI solutions to full integration within the business.
* Stakeholder Management: You will have experience of successfully and confidently engaging with senior stakeholders and being able to articulate the key business drivers both to the project team and the wider business
* Data Transformation: you will have worked on a Data Transformation programme and be able to translate business requirements into data and reporting requirements
* Understand Data and its business use: You will not only understand how to gather data requirements, but be able to think about how data are used and delivers value to the business
* BI technologies: Ideally you will have hands on experience of BI data visualisation tooling and understand the benefits this can deliver from a BI perspective.
* Analytical problem solving : You are able to grasp a situation, structure the challenge and enjoy wrestling with a problem and generating insight. You will be able to suggest solutions and guide users.
* Organisation and process : You will be thorough in applying process and documentation to ensure clarity of requirements.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation