Senior Data Engineer – SAS
Job Reference: SDER/06110
Salary: £400 - 550 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 4 months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 06-10-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Senior Data Engineer required for a contract role in Reading with a leading client
Our client is undertaking a large scale transformation of its Commercial Data and BI function building new data and BI platforms.
Senior Data will be working within a small team, your role will include development of our future state data platform, executing test plans as informed by the test manager, undertaking ad hoc data analysis and working on demand requests working closely with the Solution Design Team
In essence: as the client transforms its current data and reporting capabilities, both commercially and technically, we are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to enable this transition. This will be someone who can proactively engage with the members of the Business Analysis, Design and Testing teams as well as business stakeholders to develop our data platforms and ensure quality of all Data deliverables.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Data Solution Development: You will be experienced on developing data platforms, including an Enterprise level Data Warehouse . You will be familiar with Data Warehouse architecture and design. Ideally you will have experience of working on a data transformation programme.
* Understand Data and its business use: You will not only understand how to build a Data Warehouse, but be able to think about how data are used and delivers value to the business
* SAS: You will be experienced in using SAS DI to intermediate or advanced level and be confident to develop solutions. You should be confident in using Base SAS
* Oracle: Experience of Oracle Data Warehousing is desirable
* Quality Management : You are able to define quality for delivery of Data for business use
* Stakeholder Management: You should have experience of engaging with business stakeholders and be able to understand business requirements and use of data
* Test Management: You have experience of the software development lifecycle and be able to execute testing plans and capture / resolve defects
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation