Job Reference: JSDB/03108_1501755466
Salary: £425 - £525 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 4 Months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 03-08-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
This contract is initially 4 months with possible extensions. Occasional Travel to London is required
- Developing JavaSscript and NodeJS web applications for our operations business.
- Implementing guidelines and standards within the team.
- Undertaking code reviews and ensure quality code is provided by the team.
- Continually reviewing, test and verify that developments are meeting the agreed business requirements.
- Assisting with the design and develop of solutions to meet the business requirements in a commercial and effective manner.
- Understanding the business processes and be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Working closely with the business and development teams.
- Using own knowledge or detailed requirements, program applications using the most appropriate tools or languages. Developing solutions to meet the agreed timescales, quality and costs.
- Supporting the Development team to ensure they are progressing and delivering quality on time solutions.
- Providing troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues.
- Creating and maintaining good working relationship with operational and business project teams.
- Assisting in the recommendation of appropriate Information Technology solutions to fit business need and commensurate with the business case.
Skills and experience required;
- Experience using a testing framework as part of your work process, not as an afterthought.
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix command line
- Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
- Agile methodology experience (TDD, XP, Scrum)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
- NodeJS or similar technologies
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.