Senior Oracle DBA
Job Reference: ODBAFOX13
Salary: £730 - 810 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 3 months initial with extension for 12 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 07-09-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Dublin, City of Dublin, Ireland
Senior Oracle DBA – Dublin – €800-€890/day – 3 months with a probable 12 month extension
My international client is looking for a highly experienced Senior Oracle DBA to joing their Oracle team in Dublin.
Required Skills and Experience
– 10+ years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
– Exposure to System Management tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager, Grid control, Cloud Control etc.,
– Good trouble shooting skills and being able to mentor database specialists and handle Escalated calls.
– Must have worked on very large production database environments.
– Must have comprehensive and expert knowledge of Oracle database architecture and software products, including a detailed knowledge of Oracle internals and database recovery techniques.
– Oracle 12c,11g, 10g, 9i , 8i Administration skills;
– Should have designed and managed Highly Available / Disaster Recovery infrastructure.
– Good experience on Oracle RAC & Data guard, ASM skills.
– Very good experience in RMAN Backup and recovery
– Working exposure on Exadata machines
– Should have handled Database performance tuning issues
– Handled Problem Management and Critsit situations seamlessly
– Experience in designing, building Database environments that includes HA &DR.
– Exposure to Database Security, Golden Gate and database migrations will be an added advantage
– Experience of Unix Operating system and facilities and Storage
– > 10 years of experience as a relational database administrator with scripting experience (Perl, Powershell, Kornshell, etc)
– Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, object-oriented technology, data warehousing, and relational database engines
– Perform all planned and unplanned maintenance and bug fix patching to Exadata machine, from internal Exadata machine hardware to database software binaries per schedule, as required to ensure compliance for Oracle support, or as required to address operational issues.
– Perform all operational maintenance and system administration activities across all Oracle components within the Exadata machine: compute servers, storage servers, network and gateway switches and connectivity, Oracle VM, Oracle Linux, Clusterware, ASM and Database administration as needed.
– Research new releases and develop implementation standards and processes to maintain currency.
– Provide SME support if needed for critical issues that cannot be resolved by Application / Physical DBAs
– Maintain and enhance the database license tracking solution, which is a subset of the DBR.
* – Develop and document database High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) solutions.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation