Senior Software Test Engineer
Job Reference: SSTEPANDA13_1502451072
Salary: £40000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 11-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
My global client, based in the West Midlands is looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to help in their continuously expanding IT division. The successful applicant will be expected to have significant experience with Test Plan and Test Design Specifications traceable to market requirements and engineering design specifications, as well as Develops automated, repeatable tests using state of the art testing tools such as Rational Functional Tester.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of automated and manual tests for the OpenEnterprise Suite of applications and associated Operator Interface products for the Remote Automation Solutions.
What you will be doing
- Definition and execution of component and integration tests – both manually and through automated software
- Customer and product support
- Development of product testing documentation
- Defect replication – support to the development team
- IT support within OED
- Evaluation of product features
- Implementation of product build and release mechanisms
- Design and implementation of software development tasks to facilitate product support and testing
- Undertake defect analysis
- In-house training of other members of the OED Test Team
- To comply with the Companies policies on Email & Internet usage as detailed in the Employee manual
- To protect RAS assets and maintain the correct level of security for confidential information.
- Reporting security incidents, potential incidents or other information security risks to RAS.
- Adhere to local and international Trade Compliance procedures in connection with all transactions and business practices
- Adhere to client Ethics, Anti-Harassment and FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) Principles and Procedures
What you will have
- Experience of a range of project methodologies; Agile experience desirable
- Strong software testing skills; development and execution of both manual and automated processes and procedures
- Experience of automated script development; Rational experience desirable
- Testing qualification; ISEB/ISTQB or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong technical troubleshooting and follow through skills
- 3+ years of related experience
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
What you get
- Pension 4% company contribution + AVC matching
- Life Insurance 3x salary
- Holiday 25 days + public holidays
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.