Senior Systems Engineer
Job Reference: CRBUFFALO_1501084500
Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 26-07-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
My well renowned, market leading client, based within the eCommerce industry, whose last year revenue was in excess of £1bn are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join their innovative team on a permanent basis.
- Job Purpose
Working in the Web Configuration and Environments team, we are looking for a talented System’s Engineer who is experienced in Automation and Continuous Integration technologies. Has a passion to design, build and support robust deployment and configuration management systems for a multi-tier Java platform.
A key part of this role is to take ownership, develop the capability and provide mentoring to the wider team for Automation and Continuous Integration as such we are looking for a skilled Puppet Engineer with a solid background in Unix Administration.
- Key Accountabilities
- SME for Automation and Continuous Integration technologies, develop, support and mentor
- Unix system administration, providing support and mentoring to the wider team
- Refinement, tuning and optimising of the builddeployment process
- Code and Configuration deployment
- Maintenance and management of large web development and testing environments.
- Maintenance and management of web document repositories (GIT, Wiki, Jira etc.)
- Undertake regular environmental reviews and agree actions with Configuration Manager
- FOCC specific environment life cycling
- Liaison with Third Party support organisations
- Adherence with Group and Global IT policies, processes and procedures.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.