Senior Technical Support – AS400
Job Reference: STSAL/25108_1503667253
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Will Wait Notice
Vacancy Posted: 25-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Senior Technical Support – AS400 required for a permanent position in London.
You will be joining a market leader, in an established team working in modern open planned offices
The Senior Technical Specialist – iSeries is responsible for the systems administration and operation of IBM Power and iSeries computing infrastructure within the organisation. In addition to day-to-day administration and housekeeping there is a requirement to provide technical expertise in support of projects and the fulfilment of service requests.
- 20% Manage the day-to-day operation of all IBM Power and iSeries platforms including systems performance monitoring, backup management and system capacity/housekeeping.
- 20% Provide 2nd/3rd line support to the other operational support team(s) and Service Desk for the resolution of support incidents and service requests.
- 30% To provide technical expertise in support and delivery of project requirements and wider service improvement initiatives.
- 10% Manage infrastructure changes by working closely with our Change Management team and through effective use of Change Management tools.
- 10% Provide hardware system builds, partition re-purposing and decommissioning. Maintain Operating System versions, patch levels and firmware versions in line with manufacturer recommendations.
- 5% Work with Group Security regarding security initiatives, Incident resolution and audit requirements.
- 5% Liaise with external service providers in support and maintenance of hardware, licensed software and connectivity.
Key Skills and experience needed
- Broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: hardware, job/systems management, operating system configuration, performance tuning, connectivity, etc.
- Job Scheduler software skills.
- Ability to liaise and cooperate with technical experts from other disciplines.
- Expert knowledge of IBM Power and/or iSeries systems, storage and peripheral devices.
- System hardware builds.
- Open systems connectivity.
- OS patch (PTF) management.
- Systems performance management
- Data Transfer protocols
- Data Replication tools & techniques
- Educated to degree level or extensive relevant career history
Experience with the following;
- Operating Systems IBM ‘i’,
- IBM Hardware Management Console (HMC) – Essential
- IBM BRMS software – Essential
- IBM CL programming
- IBM iDoctor software
- Vision OMS/ODS or equivalent data replication mirroring software – MIMIX, DataMirror etc.
- Job Scheduler – Robot or RMB Scheduler
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.