Senior Test Analyst
Job Reference: STA/15351GB
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£52000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 16-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Senior Test Analyst required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The primary objective of the Snr IT Test Analyst is to coordinate and execute effective IT Testing in line with the defined clients IT Test Strategy. In this vain they will manage the workload of both internal and partner test resources, such that we deliver an IT testing service that meets the current and future needs of the business at a cost-effective price point. They will be expected to model excellence for more junior members, providing technical guidance/review as required. Each Snr IT Analyst will also be expected to provide technical leadership in a given area of specialism (e.g. Test Automation).
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Works closely with customers, business analysts and developers to fully understand the business requirements such that effective test cases may be defined. This will include providing input on the definition of testable requirements, with clearly defied acceptance criteria.
* Tracks performance against quality assurance metrics such as defect counts, defect leakage, test coverage, etc. collating and analysing data for software delivery evaluation and improvement.
* High level ‘test period’ estimation and planning. This will include planning the workload of more junior members of the test team and test partner resources (both on and off shore). This will also include challenging test estimates provided by our test partner(s).
* Preparation of appropriately detailed test plans for projects and BAU deliveries.
* Creation and maintenance of both functional and non-functional test cases.
* Planning, design and management of test data sets.
* Planning and management of appropriate tooling (e.g. test automation).
* Timely execution of agreed test cases across System Test, System Integration Test (SIT), Performance Test and Load Test, verifying that the delivered functionality fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by documented test outcomes).
* Model best practice in your own delivery, acting as a role model for more junior members of the test team and partner test resources. This includes consistently exceeding the defined Testing KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vain.
* Provision of factual, up to date test progress reports.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
* Experience of executing the full gamut of IT testing (System Test, SIT, Load, Performance, etc.) in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of test phases for medium-large scale IT programmes/projects.
* Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
* Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
* In depth knowledge of the technologies to be tested (e.g. .NET / SAP / Java & JS / Oracle / Tibco / etc.)
* In depth knowledge of one or more test specialisms (e.g. Automation, Load/Performance, etc.)
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level.
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.