Server Support Specialist
Job Reference: SSSW/07112
Salary: £350 - 380 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: Skills and Experience needed
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 07-12-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: London, Greater London, England
Server Support Technical Specialist required for a leading client in South London
The Technical Specialist role is part of the Server Support Team . The team is part of our third-line support services – supporting primarily Windows server, Linux, VMware, Citrix and storage based systems. The Specialist is responsible for the support of the Wintel environment, storage infrastructure and associated technologies. The role additionally provides support for a variety of Wintel based software and various hardware platforms.
The roles key responsibilities are (but is not limited to the following):
* Provide support for the companies Windows server, Linux, VMware, Citrix and storage based systems.
* Ensure Service Desk calls and assigned tasks are resolved in accordance with business requirements, in a timely fashion.
* Day to day management of the clients worldwide production systems, to ensure system stability and high availability.
* Provide support for the following operating systems and applications: Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2, Linux (RHEL), Citrix PS 4.x & XenApp 6.x/7.x, AppSense 8.x – 10.x, VMware 5.x – 6.x and bespoke applications.
* Provide support for the following hardware: Sun 4450/4150, IBM 3650, HPE BL & DL ranges, HPE C7000 enclosures, Pure Storage arrays and Dell PS4000/6000 EqualLogic arrays.
* Contribute to ongoing problem management and capacity planning for server and storage infrastructure in line with the business plans.
* Create and maintain support documentation and procedures for all systems.
* Adhere to the appropriate security measures in line with corporate Security Policy. This includes anti-virus and malware protection.
* Provide exceptional service to all business customers. Maintain good relationships within the team and in the wider business.
* Provide cross-site support for other team members as required by projects, rollouts, holidays and sickness.
* On call support for escalation of incidents in respect of storage and/or server systems.
Skills and Experience needed:
* Strong Microsoft Office 365 cloud knowledge.
* Microsoft Windows features (e.g. Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS/DFSR, Group Policy, Failover Clustering).
* Storage array management.
* Server network fundamentals (connectivity types, NIC teaming, VLAN’s & subnets).
* Strong server hardware knowledge (including HPE Blade enclosures).
* At least 3 years of technical experience in heterogeneous environments
* At least 3 years of technical experience in virtual environments in an enterprise deployment
* At least 5 years of technical experience in supporting/deploying Windows operating systems
* Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes
* Data centre operations experience (internally and externally sourced).
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation