Service Operations Team Manager
Job Reference: SOTM/15342CB
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-04-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Service Operations Team Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The Service Operations Team Manager is a dual role responsible for both leading a small IT Service Operations team and personally undertaking Major Incident Management and Problem Management.
As a team leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the whole Major Incident Management process, including the resourcing/shift management of the team, and accountable for the quality of communication around Major Incidents to the Business & IT Stakeholders. You will also ensure that the teams time is balanced between reactive MIM and proactive Problem Management, the latter of which is used to reduce the number and duration of MIM’s. You will ensure that the proper processes are followed by the team, and have a high level of focus on timely restoration of live service.
As a Major Incident and Problem Manager, you will be directly responsible for the co-ordination and facilitation of high priority incident resolution by engaging a variety of our clients support teams & vendors. You will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of all problems, with the aim of preventing Incidents from happening.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Team Leader Role
* Provide leadership for the MIM & Problem Service Operations function
* Ensure that the proper processes and policies for MIM and Problem are being used, to ensure minimum operational and business impact of outages
* Working with others in the IT Operations team, proactively improve the policies and processes for Major Incident and Problem, but also contributing to Service Introduction, Change and Release
* Ensure that a rota for MIM is in place; that the on-duty MIM is contactable and available, and act as an escalation point in the event of communication issues
* Measure and report on the KPI’s for Major Incident and Problem, including the services provided by the third parties that contribute to these functions
Major Incident and Problem Manager role
* Execution of Major Incident process tasks in adherence with global and local requirements.
* Maintain the operational integrity and service continuity by the management of P1/P2 incidents through established channels.
* Apply standard Incident Management techniques to ensure disruptions to service stability and outage times are kept to a minimum.
* Host conference calls (Technical and Managerial) and facilitate effective incident management throughout the incident lifecycle, in-line with agreed service definitions.
* Drive Service Management best-practice and ITIL process compliance across the business.
* Provide communication to business and IT colleagues through the MIM process, during the major incident lifecycle, until resolution.
* Produce and maintain the MIR’s (Major Incident Reviews) to a variety of audiences including senior and executive management level.
* Be able to work rotational on call 24×7 (incl. weekends and bank holidays)
* Improve overall availability of services by proactively identifying Problems and identify and solve Problems and/or provide suitable Workarounds before (further) incidents recur.
* Record and prioritise the Problem with appropriate diligence, to facilitate a swift and effective resolution.
* Identify the underlying root cause and the triggers of a Problem and initiate the most appropriate and economical Problem solution or temporary workaround
* Ensure that – after a successful Problem solution – the Problem Record contains a full historical description, and that related Known Error Records are updated, and that relevant suppliers/partners are briefed
* Undertake a review the resolution of a Problem to prevent recurrence and learn any lessons for the future. Furthermore, it is to be verified whether the Problems marked as closed have been eliminated.
* Constantly monitor & report on outstanding Problems with regards to their processing status. Ensure that the other Service Management processes as well as IT Management are informed of outstanding Problems, their processing-status and existing Workarounds
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven Major Incident Management experience with significant expertise in large regional companies.
* Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
* Sound understanding and experience with service level agreements and associated metrics.
* Enterprise IT experience and a good working knowledge of the broad suite of IT technologies and technical environments.
* Experience with performing and coordinating RCA and trend analysis, using established data techniques.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent listening skills are required.
* Excellent management skills in dealing with suppliers and 3 rd parties to drive resolution of Major Incidents or RCA of Problems.
* Problem-solving skills with an emphasis on resolution of complex technical incidents.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems.
* Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to interact with individuals on all organisational levels.
* Organised and disciplined in the working environment, ability to adapt to varying stakeholder’s requirements.
* The ability to understand and articulate the business impact of a MIM within the client
* Communication and collaboration skills to ensure that the business are kept informed at all times through the MIM process
* Ability to translate between technical language and business language
* Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often-complex business environment
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle Certification Service Operation
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.