Job Reference: JSRSSOTECONTGB
Salary: Â£275 - Â£375 Per Hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 MONTHS
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-02-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Our global, well renowned client who have experienced exceptional growth in recent years, is looking for a Software Tester to join their team based near Oxford on a contract basis, initially for 6 months with a view to extend. The Software Tester will be joining an enthusiastic, close knit team who will be able to provide truly world-class training to get the successful Software Tester up to speed.
Software Tester – Key Skills:
* Experience of working in an agile environment
* Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a Quality Culture
* Make sure processes and systems are in place to generate quality both at code and application level
* Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
* Design test strategies and test automation techniques
* Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
* Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
* Experience of using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
* Spike and recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
* Experience of testing complex applications
* Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
* Experience of software development for the Cloud
* Experience of testing Cloud native applications built on a microservice architecture
Software Tester – Desirable skills:
* Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post.
* Awareness of software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation