Job Reference: 15727
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 07-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, Uxbridge
The Database Administrator will be responsible for defining and executing regular management tasks for the business’s databases, curation of the environments for development and testing, and monitoring of performance and access. Working with the rest of the data management team, they will also assist with code reviews and other development tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DBA to work interesting projects in a small, expert team and we would be looking for an fairly senior DBA, with probably no less than 5 years of experience, who can work in both development and production areas. The infrastructure management will to some degree be outsourced, but an awareness and some experience of infrastructure issues, particularly with regard to Azure virtual machines, would be desirable.
Excellent opportunity to work for a well-known, established company who value their employees and offer one of the best benefits packages in the market.
* Management of SQL Server.
* Basic Windows Server administration.
* Diagnosis of database performance issues and appropriate remedies.
* Scripting of regular tasks using PowerShell.
* Experience with managing SQL Server on virtual machines.
* Ability to analyse data supplied or required in a number of different file formats, and provide robust and cost-effective solutions for exchanging this with SQL Server.
* Experience with financial systems.
* Configuration of virtual machine servers in Microsoft Azure.
* Management of database objects within source control.
* Characteristics and configuration of peripheral SQL Server features e.g. SSRS/SSIS
* Familiarity with .Net development.
* Strong knowledge of database design principles for OLTP and warehousing, e.g. normalisation, star/snowflake schemas.
* Strong knowledge of Transact-SQL coding techniques for complex tasks, i.e. not just standard "CRUD" statements.
A great working environment, lots of project work including Greenfield projects, new technologies, training and a good working culture.
Excellent pension scheme, car allowance, and a whole host of other benefits not available at your average Financial Services Company – so for more details and to secure an interview please apply today
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.