Job Reference: JSRSSQLDBA22_1499681972
Salary: £350 - £425 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 3 Months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 10-07-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Our well renowned, market leading client are looking for an experienced SQL DBA to join their team based near Stoke on a contract basis, initially for 3 months with a view to extend. The SQL DBA will be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
SQL DBA – Key Skills:
- Experience working on projects and working to tight deadlines
- Experience working on BAU
- FMCG experience is desirable
- Hands-on commercial experience with SSIS, DTS AND TSQL
- AIX, Oracle and/or Active Directory experience in alignment with the above
- Knowledge of writing TSQL queries to manipulate data from existing systems
- At least 3 years’ SQL Database Administration experience
- Broad 2nd and 3rd line Infrastructure experience
- Awareness of Business Systems and Application Landscapes
- Proficient with server-client computing and relation to database environments
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification is highly desirable, yet not essential
- ITIL v3 Foundation is also highly desirable, yet not essential
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation
The SQL DBA will be required to travel to other UK sites on an occasional basis. Expenses will be covered by our client.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.