SQL Server DBA
Job Reference: 15225
Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 03-01-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Ashford, England, Kent
Due to business growth, a new SQL DBA position has come up within a respectable multinational business based in the South East Kent area. In order to be considered for this opportunity you must have solid commercial experience of working as a SQL DBA.
Our client is looking for a SQL DBA to a ssist with managing and maintaining the SQL Infrastructure, supporting and fixing issues within the various database applications (including 3 rd Party database applications) and closely collaborating with the System Development team members to develop the databases and software.
You’ll be required to proactively identify issues and ensure that availability resilience, integrity and performance of the SQL server platform. You will be working with a variety of SQL versions from 2008 to 2014 and will gain knowledge of working with windows cluster servers. Gain a solid understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability options for SQL server.
Key skills/ experience:
* Support and maintain the MS SQL Server environment including windows clustering, SQL replication, mirroring, availability groups and log shipping
* Deploy service packs and updates across all environments
* Assist in debugging and performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures
* Carry out capacity planning and hardware reviews to ensure adequate resources are available to meet business requirements.
* Ability to write SQL queries and design relational databases
* Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing business environment which will include learning new technologies in the midst of deploying said technology .
* Build and Support SQL integration services solutions to import / export data across systems.
* Devising elegant and practical solutions to technical problems
* Contributing to the design of server architecture.
* An ability to use debugging and fault finding solutions
* Can effectively learn a variety of operating systems, development environments, and programming languages with ease
* Able to work independently but also organise plans to line up with company goals while being able to account for time spent on projects.
* Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project managers.
* To take responsibility of the day to day maintenance work in the absence of the Senior DBA
My clients offices are commutable from Sittingbourne, Dover, Canterbury and Maidstone
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation