Systems Administrator – Citrix / XenApp / XenDesktop
Job Reference: CITRIX
Salary: £50k - 55k per year
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 12-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London, England
Systems Administrator – CITRIX / XenApp / XenDesktop
We are currently working with one of largest customers who are a global player in the Insurance / Re-Insurance market sector. We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with specific knowledge/experience working with Citrix Farm.
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, with a focus on the Citrix environment. Ensure that system, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards. Help resolve Service Desk tickets escalated to 3rd line support. Help design and implement infrastructure projects relating to VDI.
* Install, configure and maintain server operating systems.
* Install and maintain server-based application software packages.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Managing Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop environments
* Experience with core Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, PVS/MCS
* Experience with Citrix XenDesktop version 7.6 or above
* Experience with Microsoft App-V
* Experience with thin client technologies and management.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Perform restores of data as and when requested.
* Qualifications in Desktop Virtualization from Citrix (CCA-V)
* Four to six years system administration experience.
* Knowledge of server operating systems, with emphasis on Microsoft Windows, including domain structures, Active Directory, system administration, and Windows Terminal Server.
* Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Back office products, including Exchange 2010, MS-SQL 2012, ISA Server, and Internet Information Server (IIS).
* Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP and in particular Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
* Sound working knowledge of Citrix.
* Sound working knowledge of Cisco UCS blades.
* Sound working knowledge of EMC products – EMC VNX, Data Domain and Avamar.
* Sound working knowledge of VMWare 5.0
* Excellent customer service and telephone skills, and experience in a professional service environment, with responsibility for supporting multiple applications and network environments
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation