Job Reference: MSOXFORD_1502954318
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 17-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently working in partnership with one of our biggest customers who are the market leader in delivering IT Solutions into the Retail sector. Our client have offices dotted around the UK with this particular role based in the Oxford area.
Purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide 2nd/3rd line Windows Server support to a range of clients, as well as internally within the host client, directly supporting the 2nd line team. A brief understanding of networking is also required to assist with troubleshooting.
Involvement with projects, that require Technical input, will also be required from time to time.
The candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience in:
- Microsoft servers 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Windows 7/8/10
- WAN/LAN technologies, preferably Cisco or HP
- Virtualisation technologies: VMware or Hyper-V
- Backup technologies
- Antivirus / security products
Skills and Attributes required for this position:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 including NLB and clustering.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare or Hyper-V in an enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs.
- Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Service.
- Good knowledge of backup systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7+
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.