Job Reference: TAJAGUAR13
Salary: £30k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 29-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands, England
My global client is looking for an experienced Technical Author to join their innovative and expanding team. A successful applicant will need oversee the production of online help systems integral with software products, using single sourcing techniques to standardise content and presentation.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job will include:
* Create, maintain, and enhance online help, working with technical/engineering staff to ensure inclusion of most-current information
* Standardize the presentation (appearance, content, and style) of online help
* Standardize tools and procedures
* Train, as appropriate, other technical writers in online help development tools and processes
* Research and implement "next directions" in user assistance technology (such as XML) in coordination with EPM directions
* Produce (as necessary) hardcopy device-specific software guides for publication
* Adhere to local and international Emerson principles, practices and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* 3+ years of related experience as Technical Author/Online Help Developer
* Proficient in the use of RoboHelp (or equivalent online help tool)
* Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
* Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical specifications, and governmental regulations.
* Able to write clearly and concisely; reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals.
* Able to effective present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Proficient in use of Adobe Illustrator or similar tool
* Experience of developing documentation in a commercial software environment
* Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of SCADA software
* Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
* Action Oriented
* Manages Ambiguity
* Customer Focus
* Plans & Aligns
* Drives Results
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation