Technical Infrastructure Engineer
Job Reference: NSNSUY1
Salary: Â£375 - Â£475 Per Day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months initially
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 28-12-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: City of London, England, Greater London
Infrastructure Engineer – Banking – London
Infrastructure Engineer – Banking – London – Our client a stable bank within the sector is looking for a long-term contract Infrastructure Engineer to manage the day to day running; maintenance and governance of the technologies which underpin the business systems. An exciting opportunity is available to join this group for a Microsoft Windows Server specialist who will help guide, manage and support the platform for the business. You will manage the lifecycle of the Microsoft Windows Server platform along with the Splunk platform. You will have a blend of the following skills:-
Functional / Technical competencies
* Microsoft Windows Server (version 2008 and above) and VMWare ESX (version 5.5 and above).
* Identifies areas where improved management information can protect the delivery of service and works with others to define processes to routinely collect information and records. Reports and escalates unforeseen or exceptional events.
* Creates instructions or follows agreed plans to deliver change. Documents actions required for all tasks whether simple or complex; confirms correct functionality of installations; coaching others where required and advises supervisor and, if appropriate, users of progress.
* Uses data collected to build dashboards and reports for the customer to highlight information clearly.
Functional / Technical competencies (Preferred):
* McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 / ePO 4.5+
* SAN Storage (EMC and Hitachi)
* Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL version 6+)
* ThinPrint and EquiTrack (Follow me printing)
If you have a blend of the above skills please forward your cv for a new year contract.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.