Job Reference: JSRS15752GBBRISTOL
Salary: Â£300 - Â£360 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 3 Months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 14-09-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Bristol, England
A client of ours who are a leading technology company are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join their team on a contract basis. The client is based in Bristol but can also be based in several other locations across the UK.
* Creation of API and platform-related documentation, based on code, technical specifications, internal wiki pages, comment, discussion with developers, devops, and QA engineers
* Writing tutorials and guidelines for both external and internal
* Creation of different instructions, "how-to" docs, by-request documentation
* Define and operate an editorial workflow that takes draft documentation through reviews to ensure accuracy and correctness before publishing, as well updating/supporting all document packages
* Advise and monitor the internal channels of generating and sharing information (confluence wiki) to help separate what is official information and what information sharing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* 3+ years of solid experience in a similar position for a commercial product writing and publishing product and technical documentation available to customers.
* Excellent written and good spoken English
* Excellent communicative and analytical skills
* Hands on experience of documentation generation tools.
* Knowledge experience in documenting REST APIs, infrastructure or system configuration such as servers, and networking
* Use of Content Management Systems and Wikis to organize and publish information
* Experience in integration documentation as part of continuous deliver and continuous integration systems
* Able to understand .Net code examples
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Proficient with current agile engineering practices (Scrum /Kanban, user stories and agile estimation, acceptance criteria
* Any experience with documenting REST API based systems or cloud and web products
* .Net background to be able to write code examples
* Presence in the community (Blog, open source contribution) would be an advantage
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.