Job Reference: 15517 - TESTRCF
Salary: Â£28000 - Â£30000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 14-06-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Northamptonshire
We are currently working closely with one our biggest customers who are THE leading force in supplying IT solutions in to the Retail Sector.
Our client develops software solutions for global retailers in an omnichannel trading environment. Our specialist supply chain solution, supports all trading activities, whilst providing a central stock pool and the ability to fulfil customer demand regardless of time of day, geographical location or desired shopping touch point.
Working with an experienced and dedicated team you will be committed to playing a crucial role in the success and delivery of the bespoke application. The client is increasing it’s use of automation in testing, so part of the role will be to continue the work creating new tests and expanding the framework.
* 2+ years software testing experience
* SQL query writing
* Able to start testing as early as planning and prioritisation meetings.
* Experienced at analysing business requirements and specifications, and determine clear testing requirements.
* Writing and maintaining manual test cases.
* Experience in writing and implementing tests defined in a BDD style using the Gherkin language.
* Matrix testing
* Exploratory testing
Nice to have:
* Some programming experience (C# preferably)
* Experience with Jira
* Experience with TestRail
* Experience with source control system
* Having the experience of testing a variety of retail applications (MMS, WMS and EPOS)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Confident in testing APIs, Web Services and Databases
* Test case creation – able to create and update test cases to ensure they are clear, unambiguous and specific.
* Ability to rapidly experiment and report your results in a clear and concise manner.
* Technical experience in one or more of the following disciplines; IBM System I Query and/or SQL
* Strong numerical skills and the ability to understand complex systems
* A good understanding of current software testing methodologies and ideas
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.