Test Automation Analyst
Job Reference: TAAN/26109
Salary: £30k - 38k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newark, Cambridgeshire, England
Test Automation Analyst required for a leading client in Newark
You will be working in our clients global IT headquarters as part of an established team
* To design, support and maintain flexible, cost-effective information systems solutions meeting all business requirements.
* Design & implement several 3 to 4 man month projects per year. Contribute to maintenance or upgrades to Commercial systems supporting a company turnover of €900m p.a.
* Perform test reviews & encourage adherence to I.S standards & best practices.
* Ensuring that a robust, scalable and secure architecture is implemented and maintained for automation testing.
* Interfacing with the users, business analysts, offshore team and support team to determine their requirements and understand how these will be implemented and tested.
* Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Holder of a degree in a relevant subject or 2+ years’ experience in a commercial software test automation environment
ISTQB – Foundation Level
Skills & Knowledge
* Proven experience of Java and object oriented principles
* Proven experience of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
* Proven experience of Selenium (or similar test automation tool) would be an advantage
* Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Sales order processing, logistics, supply planning and inventory systems would be an advantage.
* Experience of testing GUI applications, web services and web applications ( Backend & frontend)
* Proven understanding of white box and black box testing techniques
* Experience of source control systems and configuration management
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers and at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal skills, persuasion, negotiation, assertive, numerate & analytical.
* Good problem solving skills
* Good Time Management skills.
* Minimum 2 years Java programming experience in a commercial environment
* Minimum 2 years Selenium ( or similar test automation tool) in a commercial environment
* Minimum 2 years Oracle SQL experience in a commercial environment
* Minimum of 1 years’ experience using MQ Series would be an advantage
* Minimum 2 years of analysis & design experience in a commercial environment
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of UML design documents.
* Experience of implementing and testing suites of batch programmes.
* Experience of testing web applications.
* Experience of testing message based applications would be an advantage.
* Experience of managing a team or small projects would be an advantage.
* Experience of the Company’s desktop software – MicroSoft Office family.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
* Ability to work on own initiative but able to adapt to working as part of a team when required.
The benefits include a defined contribution pension scheme (provided by Standard Life), life assurance cover and 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of national bank holidays).
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation