Job Reference: JSRS15643
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Annum excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 06-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Hertfordshire, Stevenage
Test Lead – Stevenage
Based in Stevenage, our client who are a leading Insurance company are currently looking for a Test lead to join their small test team. You will be in charge of a team of 2 Test Analysts and will be required to monitor the teams performance whilst also maintaining a hands on approach. You will be liaising regularly with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The client create an extremely positive and friendly atmosphere which allows the Test lead and all other employees the chance to thrive and grow within the business. They reward employees with a competitive salary and an extremely generous benefits package.
* To maintain and expand the existing Information Systems Test strategy including the drive to more automated testing.
* To deliver initial estimates of the testing effort needed for new developments and functional enhancements.
* To deliver test strategies and test plans for all new developments and functional enhancements, plus risk assessments and the associated mitigation plans and contingency actions.
* To plan, monitor and control all the testing work, including User Acceptance Testing undertaken by subject matter experts situated within the business.
* To review testing requirement for change requests, assessing the impact on test plans and schedules.
* To report on the status and progress of all testing activities for new developments and functional enhancements.
* To be responsible for creating and maintaining the necessary test environments.
* To ensure proper configuration management of all the test documentation produced.
* To provide leadership and guidance to the test team on best practice, plus develop and agree realistic objectives, training and development plans.
* Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 2 to 3 years practical experience of leading and developing test teams.
* Excellent interpersonal/Stakeholder managemen skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation
* Excellent knowledge of test techniques, methodologies and strategies including testing in an Agile environment.
* Proven track record of recommending and implementing improvements for both software development and test life cycles.
* Practical experience of implementing test automation tools.
* Demonstrable experience of testing web based applications together with a working knowledge of web based technologies.
* Demonstrable database expertise sufficient to create reasonably complex SQL queries.
* Experience of General Insurance business applications such as TIA – highly desirable
* Financial services experience is a must
* Use of project management tools such as Jira.
* Awareness of testing tools such as Selenium and test management tools such as Spira.
* 25 days holiday with possibility of up to 3 more with 5 years service
* Excellent pension scheme – candidate contributes 9.1% and employer contributes 25%
* Training and development
* Sports and social club
* Health cash plan – optical, dental, personal accident etc
Test Lead – Stevenage
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.