Job Reference: 15949AD
Salary: Â£25000 - Â£30000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 06-12-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Worcester, Worcestershire
Our client, a true market leader within their field is looking for an experienced Tester to join their team based in Worcester, on a permanent basis. The Tester will be working within an Agile team, the key purpose of the Tester role is to deliver Quality, increase the velocity of the sprint and implement QA Strategy and Plan.
Tester – Key Skills:
* Experience of implementing complex test plans in a variety of environments.
* Excellent understanding of the testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and Risk-based approaches to the testing lifecycle definition.
* Experience of working in pressured environment to strict deadlines.
* Insurance or Broker background – advantageous.
* Experience working as an automation tester – desirable.
* Experience in coding with C#, .NET, Java or Ruby.
* Automation experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium.
* Knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber/Specflow.
* Experience of using Jira.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of Test Management tools.
* Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional Scrum team.
* Knowledge of XML and SQL Server – advantageous.
* ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate software testing – advantageous.
Tester – Responsibilities:
* Providing Quality Assurance and testing expertise for legacy insurance systems.
* Working with stakeholders to identify risk-based tests in an agile methodology.
* Contributing to the maintenance of current regression scripts impacted by assigned projects.
* When needed, running manual/automation technical tests as part of the assigned projects.
* Working with the Test Lead to introduce new tools / techniques in testing, improving test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification.
* Working within development teams and the wider business to identify a test/QA solution, providing a strategy, estimates, and test plans.
* Providing analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating into test and quality solutions.
* Defining capability improvement opportunities for the testing organisation.
* Providing accurate and timely test status reports.
* Providing QA support to the Scrum Teams for the execution of tests during the product development phase under the management of a Scrum Master.
Tester – Benefits:
* Company pension.
* Discretionary company bonus opportunity.
* Life assurance and critical illness cover.
* Perkbox – an exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits.
* Free parking.
* Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee).
* Cycle to work scheme.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.